Wednesday, February 10, 2016

An Open Letter to the Guy Who Made Me Feel I Could Never Be Loved

We were in love, and I was ready to take on the world with you. We were going to be such a power couple that would never waiver in anything in life.

You talked about starting a business, and I was ready to help you. I was ready to be your support system. I already was a big part of it. You called me your cheerleader. I would stop what I was doing to listen to you vent, I was there for you when you were having family issues. I supported you and loved you.

Now I realize you were just using me through that hard time in your life.

I used to ask myself what I did wrong. But I know that it's you not me. You asked what my relationship issues were. I literally thought to myself that it's the fact that I care too much, and that I love too deeply.

Now because of you. I have trust issues, I opened up some of the darkest places of my life to you. You accepted me and loved me. Then one day you handed everything back to me. I trusted you. And you abandoned me when it was your turn to give me a little support.

But when you would make comments about my body, I wouldn't eat the next day, or week. Sometimes longer depending on what you said.

You made me feel like I could never mean anything to anyone. That I could never be really great friends with someone, that you were my only shot and you didn't even want me.

Well, here's the thing. I am so much more independent and stronger because of the crap you put me through.

You were so arrogant. So full of yourself, you couldn't even see me. You couldn't see what was really going on. How much I was hurting or how much I had changed. You saw a pretty face and a skinny body. But you didn't actually see me.

And for that I am glad, otherwise we would still be together and I wouldn't have had the chance to meet someone who can actually see me.









No comments:

Post a Comment